The following article was originally published on our main agency website. We’ve gone through the process now of setting up these Google Guarantee Ads for a couple of roofers and they’re seeing great results. We know this is going to be huge for auto repair shops as well. We hope you find value in this article. Let us know if you have any questions about Google Guarantee Ads or the process of becoming verified. The best way to do that is to join our Facebook group – “Auto Repair Marketing Mastermind” – and ask in there, that way others benefit from your questions and comments.
Some years back when we started building “responsive” websites, it was an option, or even a luxury. Today it is an absolute necessity if you want your website to perform its job. It’s the standard. If we build a website, it is built with responsive design.
What is responsive design? Wikipedia defines responsive design as follows: “Responsive web design (RWD) is an approach to web design aimed at allowing desktop webpages to be viewed in response to the size of the screen or web browser one is viewing with.” To put this in layman’s terms, a website built with responsive design will adjust to the size of the device it’s being viewed on.
Here is a short video that explains responsive design.
Responsive design is the standard in having a website that is mobile friendly. It eliminates the necessity of having a separate mobile website.
There are 3 primary reasons that it’s so important that your website be responsive, or at least mobile friendly.
- A 2016 study showed that 58% of the U.S. search volume through Google was done on mobile devices. This study is over a year old, so you can make a safe assumption that the number has increased. *
- Google says 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead. **
- If your site isn’t easy to use on mobile, Google penalizes it by ranking it lower on its mobile search results pages. ***
To sum this up, more than half of people are searching on mobile devices. If your website isn’t mobile friendly, Google is less likely to show your website in the search results of mobile devices. On top of that, if the searcher does make it to your website and it’s not mobile friendly, they are likely to leave and go to a competitor’s website.
The primary purpose of most websites is to drive business. In this increasingly mobile environment, if your website is not mobile friendly, you’re losing business.
What can you do to bring your website up to date and make it mobile friendly?
- We can take your existing website design and update it to be a responsive design.
- If your website is not responsive, there is a good chance that the design is dated. This would be a good time to build a brand new website.
If you have questions or would like to explore your options, please reach out to us at 985-662-8419 or fill out the form on or contact page. We’re here to serve and look forward to working with you!
Maybe you’re sure if your website is mobile friendly. No worries! We’ll do a simple mobile friendly audit of your website at no cost.
Maybe you know you’re website isn’t mobile friendly. We’d love to give you a free, no obligation quote on bringing it up to date.
Either way, head over to our contact page and send us a message. In the message field, tell us how we can help you.