UNLIMITED PAID TIME OFF – POLICY
As a company, we believe in working hard but also believe in taking time off to rest and rejuvenate. As such, Shop Marketing Pros offers unlimited Paid time off for its full-time employees. Although unlimited paid time off (PTO) is a benefit that is more often provided by larger companies than ours, Shop Marketing Pros believes in and trusts its employees to utilize an unlimited PTO responsibly without abusing it. If an employee’s performance declines due to abuse of this policy, the company reserves the right to review the employee’s use of this policy and determine if discipline or termination is appropriate.
- PTO for new full-time employees begins at their 6 month anniversary.
- PTO for full-time hourly employees is figured on the average number of hours worked over the previous 6 weeks with a maximum of 40 hours per week. For salaried full-time employees, PTO is equal to normal salary.
- There is no holiday pay or accrued time for employees who receive unlimited PTO. If a holiday falls on a normally scheduled workday, it will be covered by PTO. If it falls on a weekend, there is no additional pay.
- Unlimited PTO is a benefit for full-time employees only. Part-time employees are not eligible for Unlimited PTO.
- Part-time employees will receive holiday pay for New Years Day, Good Friday, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
- If the employee is uncertain as to whether or not a request is eligible, it is the employee’s responsibility to ask a manager for clarification.
- PTO is never to cause overtime.
- PTO is approved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- An employee may take no more than 2 consecutive weeks off at any one time. This may be done only once per year.
- If an employee takes 2 weeks of consecutive PTO leave, that employee may not utilize PTO for a period of 2 months after their 2-week leave and may not take more than 3 days consecutive at any other time during the year.
- Only one employee may be out for 2 weeks consecutively at any given time.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to make sure that they are up to date on their work and that their absence will not damage the business.
- If the employee requesting time off is the only one who possesses the expertise for a client to be served, then that employee is responsible for cross-training another team member of their duties to ensure that work can continue without interruption.
- Shop Marketing Pros always strives to be as flexible and accommodating as possible with time off with requests. However, If there is a time period when the company is under a tight deadline, your request may be denied.
- Normal PTO requests require 2 weeks’ notice.
- If requesting a full week, the employee must give 6 weeks’ notice.
- If requesting 2 consecutive weeks off, 3 months’ notice must be given.
Please use the form below to request PTO.
Your time off is not approved until you receive an email reply from Brian, Kim, or J.R. stating that the requested time off has been approved.